29 April 2014 | Are Tax Havens Legal?
Jean Merckaert, editor-in-chief of the publication “Projet” and secretary of Sherpa, will participate in a conference held by CCFD Terre Solidaire de Levallois and Collectif Roosevelt (north-west Paris branch) at the Naldini Theatre (55 Rue Paul-Vaillant-Couturier, Levallois) at 8.15pm on 29 April 2014. The question discussed will be “Are Tax Havens Legal?”
1. Conference with the two speakers:
Facts: Which countries are tax havens? How do they work? What are the benefits and for whom? Which businesses or individuals benefit from them? What laws are they following?
Consequences: What damage is done to Western countries and to emerging countries? What are the consequences for citizens?
Possible actions and developments in the coming years: In light of these consequences, should laws or bilateral or multilateral agreements be implemented? What can and should citizens do?
2. Debate with the floor: questions and answers.
Evening hosted by:
• CCCFD Terre Solidaire de Levallois: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Collectif Roosevelt (north-west Paris branch): email@example.com
In partnership with:
• Attac 92: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Secours Catholique de Levallois: +33 (0)9 52 46 68 23
• Ligue des droits de l’Homme (Levallois branch): email@example.com
The conference invitation is available in PDF format (French only).